NEW Deep Diving into Foundation Subjects
Diving deep means exploring, in depth, some of the key decisions made in your intended curriculum, its implementation and looking for signs of impact. This one-day course, led by Chris Quigley, will help you to ask the right questions, challenge the answers and plan for improvements in foundation subjects*
This course will explore the following questions:
How do we deep dive into intent?
- How is curriculum breadth decided?
- What is the progression model?
- Which research backs up your breadth and progression model?
How do we deep dive into implementation?
- How far is the rationale underpinning the curriculum understood by all staff?
- Which decisions have you taken in how you sequence the content and which research backs this up?
- Are there any potential pitfalls in your chosen form of implementation?
- How is your approach in different subjects decided?
- How does pedagogical content knowledge drive your approach?
- What is the consistency of implementation across the school?
How do we deep dive into impact?
- What is your approach to assessment and why have you chosen this approach?
- What does assessment tell you in the short, medium and long term?
- Which assessment methodologies give you the most important information and what do you do with it?
Why is this course relevant and useful?
Foundation subjects have not had as much emphasis as core subjects for many years and it is now important that we think about some of the important questions underpinning the intent, implementation and impact of the wider curriculum.
Advance your understanding of:
- Curriculum precision
- Implementation including the pros and cons of cross-curricular work
- Pedagogical content knowledge
- Building subject schemas
- Assessment rationale.
- Examples of a curriculum model
- Specific examples from geography, history, PE, art and DT*
- A subject leader effectiveness report template.
Choose a date:
Pick the event you want to attend and click book now.
£199 + VAT per person or £185 + VAT per person applies when 2 or more delegates from the same school attend on the same day.
London Conferences: £230+ VAT per person or £215+ VAT applies when 2 or more delegates from the same school attend on the same day.
Book 3 or more delegates from the same school onto the same Conference and receive the 4th place free. Not in conjunction with any other offer.
Dates not convenient? Chris and the team can also deliver training to schools and cluster groups.
t: 01207 279500